B08 available as full firmware download

• Thanks to ZTE Germany you can now download the Nougat B08 Firmware as SD Card Update for the A2017G from their homepage (for example if you have problems with fota).

https://www.ztemobile.de/support/downloads/?product_id=2100

From the original message from ZTE Germany:

Please note that the the preferred method to Update is from the internal SD and not from an external SD card.

I would also recommend to remove the SD card before updating because there have been reports (with older versions), that firmware updates can corrupt the external SD card. I personally never had problems with that but if you have sensitive data on your microsd you should consider removing it before updating.

Source: https://www.ztemobile.de/forum…ch-online-zur-verfuegung/

• When I try to update from B06, it fails with the message "System update failed because the time format of the update package was incorrect" Do you have any clue on how to fix this?

• When I try to update from B06, it fails with the message "System update failed because the time format of the update package was incorrect" Do you have any clue on how to fix this?

Try to update over the recovery mode if the normal update method doesn't work. Open the oem unlock in the devoloper settings then shutdown the phone and press the power button + vol down to reach the recovery mode, be sure that your update.zip file must be on the sd card if you try this procedure. Now you must go to apply update from sd card with the vol down button and select it with the power button search your file now and select it for installation and wait till the update procedure is finished and the phone is rebooted.

• Try to update over the recovery mode if the normal update method doesn't work. Open the oem unlock in the devoloper settings then shutdown the phone and press the power button + vol down to reach the recovery mode, be sure that your update.zip file must be on the sd card if you try this procedure. Now you must go to apply update from sd card with the vol down button and select it with the power button search your file now and select it for installation and wait till the update procedure is finished and the phone is rebooted.

Updating through recovery only works using an external SDcard. To enter recovery mode you must turn off your phone and then press POWER + VOLUME UP
    [hr]

Updating from internal SD card does not work. Phone can't find the file.