Android 8 is just around the corner!

• Dear ZTE customers,

We are announcing now that we are already developing android 8 for the Axon 7, your positive feedback has been inspiring us a lot and made us very happy and because of this we try to get it customer ready as soon as possible for the best customers in the world, and I ask for your understanding because we still need some time to perfect it.
    So if you have any suggestions or ideas please let me know it under this post, thanks a lot!!

• Thx for your interest. I was shour that we will get this update and it should happen to improve more the hardware of this nice product. For me I hope there will be improvement of the ? .stock Android and a dark theme

• I want MiFavor 5.2 incl. Mi Assistant and bluetooth battery indicator. I already use it a plenty of time on my G version and I can tell that it is much better than the european version.

So please forward my wishes and suggestions to development department [PERSON WITH FOLDED HANDS]

Sent from my ZTE A2017 using Tapatalk

• Dear ZTE customers,

We are announcing now that we are already developing android 8 for the Axon 7, your positive feedback has been inspiring us a lot and made us very happy and because of this we try to get it customer ready as soon as possible for the best customers in the world, and I ask for your understanding because we still need some time to perfect it.
    So if you have any suggestions or ideas please let me know it under this post, thanks a lot!!

Does this post include all variants of the Axon 7, such as the A2017U?? Thanks

• I think he means the A2017G, the global Version but I'm pretty sure that the US version will get it too.

I was thinking he meant the A2017G considering this is an EU forum, but since nothing like this has been announced on Z-COMMUNITY https://community.zteusa.com or https://community.zteusa.com/categories/axon , I just thought I'd ask for clarification. Thanks for taking the time to respond, it's appreciated.

• Can an Always On Display be implemented?
    Support for Camera HAL3 would be very nice too.
    Those are the two things that I'd want from the new ROM.
    Also, I don't know if you can comment about this, but is the new ROM still based on MiFavor? Unjustified Dev over at XDA confirmed that the Oreo ROM will be based in stock Android with some minor modifications, does this hold true for the A2017G?

• Dear ZTE customers,
    (...)

Hi William,
    It's nice to hear that you are still working on software for Axon 7 (I bought it 2 weeks ago, so it's fairly new device to me). I'm on newest stock android 7.1.1 A2017GV1.2.0B09(Swedish)

That's my suggestions:

1. Camera - Axon 7 needs Camera2 API, improve autofocus in picture and video mode, improve colors and focus in low light conditions, add HDR+ and give us option to save in RAW format

2. Audio - many people would want to have the same loudness as in A2017U version (US), we need clarification on how hi-fi DAC is working and if it's only used with stock media player or with every single one we install; is it always processing in highest settings (24bits, 192kHz) or does it depend of the media file quality because there is very confusing information about this

3. Finger-print scanner - sometimes it works super quick, sometimes I need 2-3 tries before it unlocks - I guess that's software issue

4. Light sensor for auto-brightens should work more fluid.

5. I would like to have coffee tile (screen on for 1 min, 5 min, 10 min, etc.)

6. Option for showing network speed (downloading/sending) on status bar.

7. Option for "Don't disturb" to disable all sounds including media.

8. Improve Calling app - favorite contacts should be better exposed (bolder, bigger font, some colors etc.), option for auto-record or manual record

9. Double tap to wake sometimes doesn't work or works with slight delay.

10. Oreo should come with open bootloader and inbuilt switch for root access (I'm joking - but actually I would love this to happen :))

THANK YOU

• 1) The biggest thing is to include Camera2 API
    2) If possible, enable the audio receiving mode in the Bluetooth module, so that the phone can play audio coming from another device via a Bluetooth connection. By the way, is the Bluetooth module aptX compatible? Couldn't get any definite information about this.

• Thanks a lot, William!!!
    If we could have a camera api 2 and a black theme for this beautiful Amoled panel <3
    I don't really know if it's my finger or the scanner, I have something like 50% chance that it won't work every time I use it.

Oh and is it really going to be stock??

• 1) The biggest thing is to include Camera2 API
    2) If possible, enable the audio receiving mode in the Bluetooth module, so that the phone can play audio coming from another device via a Bluetooth connection. By the way, is the Bluetooth module aptX compatible? Couldn't get any definite information about this.

I fully support!

• Hi.
    A better signal reception.
    Can they just increase the strength of data mobile like it was on marshmallow when they launched the phone.
    Since nougat in France for myself and many others users we notice a bad network quality.
    After each update patched on my device I still notice network issue even changing 3 times of carriers.
    And this is not the first time that I request a help a fix for it.
    Many thanks if we can access to something.
    Maybe have an always on display like others manufacturers.
    I really like this phone, but so desperate and disappointed time after time with the reception.
    At the beginning I was enthusiastic of my investment don't make us regret the alternative with this company.
    Regards