Android 8 is just around the corner!

• There is a common misconception that the Axon 7 does not support the Camera2 API. The Axon 7 has the Camera2 API already, it just has legacy mode. We need the Camera2 API partial or full mode and then our Axon 7's would be able to take full advantage of the Google Camera HDR+ mode.

• The problem is people have to remember that these requests get filtered from -> ZTE community team -> ZTE USA & ZTE Global Enginerring -> ZTE USA & ZTE Global Management -> ZTE China Management -> ZTE China Engineering -> ZTE China Engineer or something along these lines.

Also a lot can get lost in translation, and when the request is use Camera2 API, somewhere along the chain, someone is probably going to say "but we do...because we have to. What are they asking for?". And not getting what people actually are meaning/care about is the RAW and manual access, which only comes with the better two modes/full support...

Thanks to TeutonJon78 (Reddit) for this info

• Thank you so much ZTE, going to a new version of Android ,this means a lot to loyal followers like us. Following are some of the changes and suggestion I would love to see on the upcoming update.

1. Over all improvement in battery performance with a better Power saving option to choose from.
    2. Upgrade in Mi favor UI from 4.2, its kinda boring and plain.
    3. An app locker similar to oneplus.
    4. Raw more while capturing photos for normal shoot too.

• Will it be MiFavor 4.2 base?

Should normally be 5.2
    [hr]

1) The biggest thing is to include Camera2 API
    2) If possible, enable the audio receiving mode in the Bluetooth module, so that the phone can play audio coming from another device via a Bluetooth connection. By the way, is the Bluetooth module aptX compatible? Couldn't get any definite information about this.

As far as I know you can select the options in Android 8 like aptx and aptxHD

• Had to register here for this :)

1) Need a possibility to chose "3G only, 4G only" network modes.

Such settings were available at Marshmallow and early Nougat firmwares but in newer firmwares only automatic modes are available. Such manual 4G and 3G modes are helping a lot in a bad cell signal coverage areas.

• The problem is people have to remember that these requests get filtered from -> ZTE community team -> ZTE USA & ZTE Global Enginerring -> ZTE USA & ZTE Global Management -> ZTE China Management -> ZTE China Engineering -> ZTE China Engineer or something along these lines.

Also a lot can get lost in translation, and when the request is use Camera2 API, somewhere along the chain, someone is probably going to say "but we do...because we have to. What are they asking for?". And not getting what people actually are meaning/care about is the RAW and manual access, which only comes with the better two modes/full support...

Thanks to TeutonJon78 (Reddit) for this info

We have contact to many offices and the headquarter too because of this we skip many lines and push the informations directly to the workers :cool: :cool:
    [hr]

Had to register here for this :)

1) Need a possibility to chose "3G only, 4G only" network modes.

Such settings were available at Marshmallow and early Nougat firmwares but in newer firmwares only automatic modes are available. Such manual 4G and 3G modes are helping a lot in a bad cell signal coverage areas.

Yes that would be very helpful for me too :-/
    [hr]

Great news!
    It would be good to make it possible to select which bluetooth codec use for the currently used device: aptx, aptHD, ldac.
    A dark theme is needed for best energy saving.

This is a feature of android 8 it should be possible to select them among each other.
    Fully agree with your second suggestion ;)

• I do not use MiFavor and its peculiar power and notification settings. Project Treble would be nice.
    And the phrase "... just around the corner" is somewhat unfortunate for me to put it into perspective again in the next sentence and to ask that ZTE be given time to perfect it. Then write, "Yes, we're developing Android 8, but when it's ready is in the stars." Nothing else says this announcement to me. Actually, there's still a sentence missing: "Don't aks for ETA please."
    And: there will also be some people at Oreo for whom it is not perfect - so "perfecting" seems rather illusory to me.

• I am sure if there is an eta you will be informed about this. So far this is a confirmation, which is better than no information at all. At least that's what we thought :)
    Especially when they consider to build in a few features it might take a bit longer.

I personally would appreciate Widevine level 1 and the camera 2 api :)

• 1) I support the request to enable audio recording from the line.
    2) As to the demand for Camera2 API, I would like to clarify that the reason for this is to be able to use HDR + and RAW capture. People are not always happy with the camera performance e.g. indoors, so they should be given an opportunity to make use of alternative camera applications.

• Happy to hear the good news!
    Very good ! The support of this device has been very good.

-Yes,Camera Api2 to be Fully enabled, (so to have HDR+ with google camera app)
    -Making good usage of the DACs ,That it has for audio.

There is some great feedback on this thread, all of them seems like really usefull stuff.
    member "squicky" says it all.

Cheers!

-XDA Dev since 2010-
    Pruikki
    "what ever it is,Just make it happen"

Edited once, last by Pruikki ().

• Hello, been thinking for so long about the possibility to change the screen resolution to 720 and 1080 for extending battrey life purpose. Because to be honest the phone its self is amazing and really smooth its only problem and most of poeple blaming about it, is the bad battery life

• Please don't get me wrong - I only find the phrase "just around the corner" at least a little misleading and therefore stepped on the euphoria brake. Mea culpa. Of course, ZTE should take the time to develop a stable and most useful Oreo version for the Axon 7.
    And I'm very happy that Oreo is coming for Axon 7 at all. The Axon 7 is still the best smartphone I have ever had. And if contemporary software is coming - perfect. I will of course wait patiently.