Android 8 is just around the corner!

• Quote from "Mario472" pid='1855' dateline='1513689801'

Please don't get me wrong - I only find the phrase "just around the corner" at least a little misleading and therefore stepped on the euphoria brake.

Yes you are right, another headline would've been better maybe :)

• Will it be MiFavor 4.2 base?

Sorry, I have no idea on the exact information anout Mifavor 4.2, I have forward this question to ZTE engineer, and if get any reply, I will tell you ASAP. Thanks! Hope you can continue put forward more suggestions.
    [hr]

Yess!

Thank you for telling us the great news William :-)

You're welcome!
    Hope you can give more suggestions to improve this AXON 7. Thanks!
    [hr]

I want MiFavor 5.2 incl. Mi Assistant and bluetooth battery indicator. I already use it a plenty of time on my G version and I can tell that it is much better than the european version.

So please forward my wishes and suggestions to development department [PERSON WITH FOLDED HANDS]

Sent from my ZTE A2017 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your suggestions!
    Your voice has been forward to ZTE engineer, glad to hear your ideas.
    Thanks again!
    [hr]

Would it be possible to implement something similar to Device maintenance which is a feature on Samsung phones? Very useful, optimizes stuff pretty good.

Your voice has been forward to our ZTE engineers. They would take it into consideration and test the possiblity.
    Hope you can give more suggestions.
    Thanks again!
    [hr]

Does this post include all variants of the Axon 7, such as the A2017U?? Thanks

Sorry, there is no exact information on such issue, yet I will forward your voice to ZTE engineer and tell you ASAP.
    Thanks!!
    [hr]

I just want an Officially Open Bootloader

Your voice has been fprward to ZTE engineer, they will take it into test and I will give you the reply if any news getted ASAP.
    Thanks again!
    [hr]

Can an Always On Display be implemented?
    Support for Camera HAL3 would be very nice too.
    Those are the two things that I'd want from the new ROM.
    Also, I don't know if you can comment about this, but is the new ROM still based on MiFavor? Unjustified Dev over at XDA confirmed that the Oreo ROM will be based in stock Android with some minor modifications, does this hold true for the A2017G?

Thanks for your suggeations!
    Your voice has been forward to our ZTE engineers. If get any news, I will tell you ASAP.
    Hope you can give more suggestions to improve AXON 7.
    Thanks again!
    [hr]

It's so great that you give us so good suggestions, your voice has been forward to ZTE engineer, and I will give you new information as long as I get from ZTE engineers. Hope you can give more suggestions!
    Thanks again!!
    [hr]

1) The biggest thing is to include Camera2 API
    2) If possible, enable the audio receiving mode in the Bluetooth module, so that the phone can play audio coming from another device via a Bluetooth connection. By the way, is the Bluetooth module aptX compatible? Couldn't get any definite information about this.

:D Thanks for your suggestions!
    Your voice has been forward to ZTE engineer. I f get any new information from engineers, you'ill be informed ASAP.
    Hope you can give us more suggestions and thanks for your support and trust!
    Thanks again!!
    [hr]

Thanks a lot, William!!!
    If we could have a camera api 2 and a black theme for this beautiful Amoled panel <3
    I don't really know if it's my finger or the scanner, I have something like 50% chance that it won't work every time I use it.

Oh and is it really going to be stock??

:DThanks for your suggeations!
    Your voice has been forward to our ZTE engineers. If get any news, I will tell you ASAP.
    Hope you can give more suggestions to improve AXON 7.
    Thanks again!
    [hr]
    [hr]

:)Thanks for your suggestions!
    It's so great that you give us so good suggestions, your voice has been forward to ZTE engineer, and I will give you new information as long as I get from ZTE engineers. Hope you can give more suggestions!
    Thanks again!!
    [hr]

1.Camera2 API would be awesome.
    2.Black theme
    3.Android stock launcher and icons

Thanks again!!
    [hr]

There is a common misconception that the Axon 7 does not support the Camera2 API. The Axon 7 has the Camera2 API already, it just has legacy mode. We need the Camera2 API partial or full mode and then our Axon 7's would be able to take full advantage of the Google Camera HDR+ mode.

Thanks again!!
    :D
    [hr]

:) :)
    Thanks again!!
    [hr]

Great news!
    It would be good to make it possible to select which bluetooth codec use for the currently used device: aptx, aptHD, ldac.
    A dark theme is needed for best energy saving.

:) :)Thanks for your suggestions!
    Thanks again!!
    [hr]

Had to register here for this :)

1) Need a possibility to chose "3G only, 4G only" network modes.

Such settings were available at Marshmallow and early Nougat firmwares but in newer firmwares only automatic modes are available. Such manual 4G and 3G modes are helping a lot in a bad cell signal coverage areas.

Thanks again!!

• Fist of all I wish Camera2 API.
    And maybe always on top.

Отправлено с моего ZTE A2017G через Tapatalk

Thanks again!!
    [hr]

1. Widevine L1 DRM Support
    2. Camera2 API
    3. Oreo 8.1

Thanks again!!
    [hr]

1. Widevine L1 DRM Support
    2. Camera2 API
    3. Oreo 8.1

Thanks again!!
    :) :)
    [hr]

Thanks again!!
    [hr]

Please don't get me wrong - I only find the phrase "just around the corner" at least a little misleading and therefore stepped on the euphoria brake. Mea culpa. Of course, ZTE should take the time to develop a stable and most useful Oreo version for the Axon 7.
    And I'm very happy that Oreo is coming for Axon 7 at all. The Axon 7 is still the best smartphone I have ever had. And if contemporary software is coming - perfect. I will of course wait patiently.

Thanks for your support on ZTE AXON 7.
    Thanks again!!
    [hr]

Hello, been thinking for so long about the possibility to change the screen resolution to 720 and 1080 for extending battrey life purpose. Because to be honest the phone its self is amazing and really smooth its only problem and most of poeple blaming about it, is the bad battery life

Thanks again!!
    [hr]

:) :) :DThanks for your suggestions!
    Thanks again!!
    [hr]

Hello
    -Improve the camera, Camera2 API
    -when I call, sometimes I do not hear the interlocutor

:D :DThanks for your suggestions!
    Thanks again!!
    [hr]

I do not use MiFavor and its peculiar power and notification settings. Project Treble would be nice.
    And the phrase "... just around the corner" is somewhat unfortunate for me to put it into perspective again in the next sentence and to ask that ZTE be given time to perfect it. Then write, "Yes, we're developing Android 8, but when it's ready is in the stars." Nothing else says this announcement to me. Actually, there's still a sentence missing: "Don't aks for ETA please."
    And: there will also be some people at Oreo for whom it is not perfect - so "perfecting" seems rather illusory to me.

:D :DThanks for your suggestions!
    Thanks again!!

• Hey ZTE

Camera performance should be improved.. The sharpness of image should be increased especially in night mode. Some new icons for Apps and Status bar would be nice touch aesthetically. Retain the performance and battery life

• Hi, could the engineers maybe consider just leaving the battery management to stock android? I appreciate their hard work and effort put into the management policies but it's just difficult and confusing to many people as to why their notifications suddenly do not appear or their clock widgets not updating or even an app closing everytime the screen turns off. Also! Another suggestion would be a direct method to select if the quad dacs are being used or not. That's make everything simpler.

Additionally, if possible, just allow users to select dolby profile just like razer phones where we don't have to leave the app to change profiles. Thank you!

• Awesome to hear. My wish list includes a system wide dark theme, camera2 api, the absolute most recent security patches, HD video codecs not currently supported (widevine), ability to turn on and off on-screen nav buttons in the system, better Dolby sound controls. The biggest wish would be project treble support but if further updates after Oreo are not in the plans its a moot point.

• Dear ZTE customers,

We are announcing now that we are already developing android 8 for the Axon 7, your positive feedback has been inspiring us a lot and made us very happy and because of this we try to get it customer ready as soon as possible for the best customers in the world, and I ask for your understanding because we still need some time to perfect it.
    So if you have any suggestions or ideas please let me know it under this post, thanks a lot!!

Widevine L1 DRM would make this phone perfect. HD content from Netflix, Play is a MUST! Please add it.
    [hr]
    AptX is a must also.

• ifek samsungs device maintainance feature was made due to the fact that samsung was not able to get androids ram management feature to work as intended, so they had the user to sometimes do manually what android should do in the background automagically. If you have working ram management, which is the fact for the axon7, you dont need a "feature" like that.

• Thx William for that. That what I want to see in Oreo^
    1. Camera 2 API
    2. Best notification system (its often some applications like Instagram, Telegram etc. has not receiving notifications)
    3. Themes offcourse. Only 5 themes, its not customization
    4. Some peoples have microphone problem, that it good work at dictionary, but bad work at other applications, such as Viber, WhatsApp etc.
    5. Badge Notifications for apps, no just for Call dealer, SMS

• I forgot one thing. Improvements and new features are needed but please don't forget about security patches! Thankfully it's not bad, because Swedish09 has got the December patches, but I have found it on XDA, when normally I should be be able to use Over The Air (OTA) Update for checking for new version. I tried using OTA and it said that none updates were available. This should be fixed for sure.

• 1) Самое главное включить Camera2 API
    2) Если возможно, включите режим приема аудио в модуле Bluetooth, чтобы телефон мог воспроизводить звук, поступающий с другого устройства через Bluetooth-соединение.