Android 8 is just around the corner!

• Hello, thanks for will give us Android Oreo. O think that a Stock ROM with a gestures added, The ZTE Lockscreen and The tools app, would be percfect. Thanks and i wait impatient The upgrade.

• Great to hear that the Axon 7 will get oreo!
    My top wishes are: stock android and: Camera2 api! It's a shame that a phone well-equipped like this one is limited so much because of this little detail.
    With camera2 api everybody could use the camera like s*he prefers and isn't dependent on the stock app

• Hi,

Happy New Year!
    Thanks for your great suggestions! Each idea would be appreciated! They are forward to ZTE engineers and any new information I would let you know.
    Thanks again!

Regards

ZTE VOC Expert
    [hr]

One more bonus thing that could really use some improvement is the language. I don't know about the other languages, but there are many incorrect expressions for English in the ZTE apps or the UI parts that have been developed by ZTE.
    It would be nice if you could check the texts with a good translator or something. Keep doing a good job guys.

:D Hi,

Happy New Year!
    Thanks for your suggestions! I would forward to ZTE engineers.
    Thanks again!
    Hope you have a good holiday!

Regards

William Guo
    [hr]

Great to hear that the Axon 7 will get oreo!
    My top wishes are: stock android and: Camera2 api! It's a shame that a phone well-equipped like this one is limited so much because of this little detail.
    With camera2 api everybody could use the camera like s*he prefers and isn't dependent on the stock app

Hi, :D :) 

Happy New Year!

Thanks for your great suggestions! Each idea would be appreciated! They are forward to ZTE engineers and any new information I would let you know.

Thanks again!

Regards

• @william-guo is there any estinated timeframe of what "just arround the corner" means? I have read something about april, but thats not what i would call "just arround the corner". I mean it takes what it takes and is no problem if we get regular security patches with not too big delays, just that we know what to expect.

• Oreo has an eta of April, that has been confirmed by ZTE Germany.
    I think it's better if they have enough time to test everything. Not like a certain competitor revert back after releasing an unfinished software ;)
    Of course its nice to have the latest software but it needs time.
    Even bigger smartphone companies have not yet released Android 8 and most of them don't even have an eta...

I really hope that project treble will improve that situation in the future.

Maybe they can at least still release security patches until April.

• Another issue I noticed on 2 Axons is that from time to time I cannot send and get whatsapp messages. I need to force stop the app and reopen in order to get it working again. I think it also happens in telegram, so I guess it's not just limited to whatsapp but maybe a general data usage issue which prevents apps to get online, maybe to save power. So please fix this, or if there already is a solution, let me know. Thanks.

• Hello everyone.

Here are a couple of suggestions that I have for the ZTE engineers about what to implement in the new Oreo update:

1. Camera 2 full mode API - as you've probably read almost everywhere here, is that we would like to have the full camera 2 API for this great phone to make the camera even better.

2. Faster and more accurate fingerprint reader- I can't speak for everyone here, but there are cases where I immediately unlock the phone using fingerprint, and other cases where I try and try, even changing fingers, where it just doesn't want to cooperate. Hoping you'd fix that.

3. Fingerprint gestures API - this is a cool nice-to-have feature, as it can become pretty reliable if implemented right. Things like swiping notification, home button or back can be mapped to different gestures.

4. Security patches - the last security patch for the German Axon 7 is from October. I understand how big updates can take time, but security patches van just be installed through OTA updates, so please keep that in mind. Monthly security updates would be really really great.

5. Faster double-tap-to-wake - again, speaking only for myself, even though I've read by A LOT of people, this feature is very slow. A faster implementation of this would be very nice since many people use it.

6. Power Manager - now this is a little controversial. I like the different modes of the power manager up until one point. Sometimes it gets too aggressive, which shouldn't be the case. And I found our that you can't apply any of these setting to apps that don't appear on the app drawer, which is kinda weird, because sometimes it's just an add on. Example: live wallpaper "app" I installed. Technically it's not an app since it just installs the live wallpapers to use with different apps and because of that, it doesn't appear on the drawer. Nevertheless, the manager cleans it after screen lock, making the wallpaper default back to the stock ones.

7. Live wallpapers - pretty self explanatory.

8. Album art - I've used a couple of different music apps and the album art provided by them doesn't appear on the lock screen, which I kind of got used to with previous phones.

9. Better translations - sometimes in the English setting, there are a couple of weird translations, probably from Chinese. So a better translation of them would be nice.

10. Bloatware - please remove everything people don't actually use.

11. Project Treble - last but definitely not least is project Treble. Now I know this would be difficult to implement, since I've read that you would actually need to repartition everything and risking deleting the data, but a nice and thorough backup of everything could help in the long run. And think of the many updates you could provide us with 😎

I hope I've been thorough enough with the features I think would be pretty amazing to have on this already great phone.

I would also suggest a beta program. Providing some people with a beta version of Oreo so that you could get real time feedback would be a great project and I would even be the first one to jump on board.

Thanks for listening/reading and hopefully I could've been of help. Thanks, William, for everything you've done so far regarding forwarding suggestions to the ZTE engineers.

P.s. Editing :

12. Interactive quick settings - normally when you tap on a tile, you should get an interactive option right there. Example: tapping on Wi-Fi should open up a list of available Wi-Fis right there and then, and not turn the Wi-Fi off. This goes for the other settings as well. Also: when editing the quick settings, I would like to be able to delete some of them from there since I don't use them.

13. Screenshot - I like the screenshot functionality, resizing and scrolling downwards. Hopefully, you make it "prettier". Native support for screen recording, maybe by pressing volume up + power button would also be great. Or maybe a stand alone app, where you could choose to insert audio from speakers or not.

Cheers

• I am relying on suggestions of @someoneelse:

13) provide more nice icons, the existing ones are very ugly,

14) option to disable (or enable) quick charging when charger putted,

15) badge numbering for other apps, like viber, watsapp,..

16) a bit more lowest brightness level

17) always on screen option, with schedule,

18) bigger and bold font for watch and notifications in lock screen,

19) better control of vibration level in various situations,

20) stock sound recorder with stereo option,