[Beta]ButtonDots - a workarround to a design flaw

• as i say, its not finnished yet... and maybe a bit late as the device is getting old, but could be usefull...

Hey FadeFX, I'm having a lot of trouble with the app. told you about it in xda. It crashes sometimes when you rotate the screen, it adds a persistent notification in Oreo, and it sometimes bugs and stays on the side of the screen even when it's on portrait. I believe it'd be much better if you could make a Substratum theme version à la "Curve". I've been using Curve for a lot of time (curved corners) and it never crashed or anything; it is customizable and you can modify it from the Substratum app, so you don't have yet another icon on the homescreen

• Hey FadeFX, I'm having a lot of trouble with the app. told you about it in xda. It crashes sometimes when you rotate the screen, it adds a persistent notification in Oreo, and it sometimes bugs and stays on the side of the screen even when it's on portrait. I believe it'd be much better if you could make a Substratum theme version à la "Curve". I've been using Curve for a lot of time (curved corners) and it never crashed or anything; it is customizable and you can modify it from the Substratum app, so you don't have yet another icon on the homescreen

Sorry, didnt check the xda thread for a while, as this is my main thread. I cant say anything on how it behaves on oreo, but i guess you could just permanently mute the notification. I am not rooted nor do i have any custom rom installed obviously, so i cant even test on these configurations, but it actually should work as intended as well.

Did you install the latest version of it before posting here? If not, and even if so, go to the download folder and get v0.9 and test again. ;-)

Regarding substratum theme, i guess this is nothing substratum could do, as it only can take in account portrait/landscape but not landscape left/right which os important for button possition obviously. This is perfectly fine for curved corners, but in our case is not enough. Also i am not rooted, so no substratum ;-)

• Sorry, didnt check the xda thread for a while, as this is my main thread. I cant say anything on how it behaves on oreo, but i guess you could just permanently mute the notification. I am not rooted nor do i have any custom rom installed obviously, so i cant even test on these configurations, but it actually should work as intended as well.

Did you install the latest version of it before posting here? If not, and even if so, go to the download folder and get v0.9 and test again. ;-)

Regarding substratum theme, i guess this is nothing substratum could do, as it only can take in account portrait/landscape but not landscape left/right which os important for button possition obviously. This is perfectly fine for curved corners, but in our case is not enough. Also i am not rooted, so no substratum ;-)

alright. I'm on 0.8 which is the one on xda. guess i'll try 0.9 and uninstall if it's still unstable. You can't dismiss that notification in Oreo at all, since it's from the system.

• alright. I'm on 0.8 which is the one on xda. guess i'll try 0.9 and uninstall if it's still unstable. You can't dismiss that notification in Oreo at all, since it's from the system.

Did you try to hold and pull the notification to side? There should be a gear then which lets you hide (not dismiss) the notification permanently.

And there is no version on xda at all, on xda is only a link to this thread.

• General question. Is it official Oreo Beta or an experimental derivate?

Just thinking of unpredictable effects.

I have had (just) two or three app crashes on nougat as well.

So there might be a small issue causing that.

Can you specifiy the notification?

On nougat I have none.

I am asking, as of course it should be working on Oreo as well.

The earlier issues can be defined and solved the better, as it is a great app.

• FadeFX

I just changed the positon values in the...varry.xml a little (still without root).

PosL to 413

PosR to 1008

PosLB to 408

PosRB to 1003

It seems 99.999% perfect now - compared to 99.998% before.

There is still a 1px difference somewhere. Maybe I will find it, when I have the time for some more experiments.

• I did. Maybe you should check on the positions again.

I saw, you took my settings somewhere, but must have changed some other thing and left one or more old values somewhere else.

At least as I had short glance at your data.xml .

The ...varry.xml is still created with the old values and the R and L buttons are 2px to far to the right.

I just put my altered values back into the ...varry.xml and L and R buttons are perfect again.

The positioning is nothing serious but somehow tickles my perfectionism;)