Halp - No OTA Updates

• <p>this is wrong information, if there is no update found, you get a "your device is on the latest version of the software" notice. what firmware are you currently on?<br></p>

Nougat B10
    That's if I were to manually download the update packages
    If I only update thru OTA I would be stuck at B11 marshmallow

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

• This is quite a common issue for several people and and somehow logical as well.

The A2017G is sold worldwide and some countries receive individual interim versions related to regional requirements.

ZTE has IMEI databases for the regions.

But...several resellers sell into different countries. So the databases can never be 100% up to date.

So ZTE offers two solutions.

1. You can send your IMEI to the respective country service for OTA, what often works.

2. ZTE provides the full version download for everybody who still doesn't succeed.

In my opinion a good service, though it still could be improved a little.

• Well the IMEI part doesn't work for me because it's a Singapore set
    I hate to manually download. Takes a lot of time

• illumi241

Changed the title of the thread from “Halp” to “Halp - No OTA Updates”.
  • Well the IMEI part doesn't work for me because it's a Singapore set
    I hate to manually download. Takes a lot of time

Maybe you can try to contact email='vip.care@zte.com.cn they should know where you need to send your IMEI.

Um do they mean Android version?

• paraDX

I guess they mean the codename of your device like A2017G or A2017U but I am not entirely sure.

The email is going directly to the Chinese hq so it might be that the english could be confusing, since their main language is Chinese :)

You would suggest to ask him directly, maybe he can explain it.