Oreo Update Feedback

• Personally I like it. Installed it yesterday late at night and I got to play with it for like half a day. So far so good, very few things to complain about.

I like the promised almost stock feeling it gives. Fingerprint reader feels kinda faster, maybe? Battery also feels maybe a little bit better but can't say for sure. Don't know if it still will lag once it reaches around 20%,hopefully not. All in all feels a little faster than before.

I saw that music streaming cover art now acts as lock screen wallpaper, which I find VERY nice to have.

Also now there's a HDR mode for selfies. Haven't played around with it much but I think it can provide a subtle but nice effect.

FINALLY the power manager isn't killing stuff it shouldn't. Like for example on nougat I tried installing the pixel live wallpapers and I tried every way possible to apply them but power manager always killed the wallpaper "app". Couldn't do anything about it either cuz it's not actually an app, more like a bundle of sorts, so it doesn't have an UI, and therefore it didn't appear on power manager.

Now to the complaints.

1. What is with the persistent carrier label in the status bar??? I see no reason whatsoever to have it there all the time. The notification icons look totally weird next to it.

2. Was kinda disappointed that camera2 API was not fully supported. Was kinda expecting it since so many people wanted it. Also the camera app in itself feels somehow weird? Maybe it's just me.

3. Daydream is temporarily not supported, at least so it said in the update description. Hopefully with another small update they add support for it and full camera2 API.

4. The app switching UI feels also weird and has a design like it was made with and for Windows 95. Not cool.

5. Also expected to have some fingerprint reader gestures available. Didn't deliver.

6. Also I saw that on video setting the stabilisation toggle is still backwards. How difficult is it to get it right?

I think that's about it, maybe? Like I said, all in all good, but still has some small stuff that bothers (sometimes more than they should). Love to hear other opinions about other stuff you've noticed.

Cheers

😁

• SynekPablo hmm don't know about the data that you mentioned but I plugged in my headphones for the first time since the update and I don't notice any change when switching from standard to super in the settings 😕 that's a bummer. It's probably a bug and hope they address it fairly quickly since it basically was there before and they practically removed it.

• SynekPablo hmm don't know about the data that you mentioned but I plugged in my headphones for the first time since the update and I don't notice any change when switching from standard to super in the settings 😕 that's a bummer. It's probably a bug and hope they address it fairly quickly since it basically was there before and they practically removed it.

Poweramp shows it to you when you select Hi Res output. In the settings for wired headphone was under nougat the samplerate at 24bit and now 16bit, although you can set the frequency to 192kHz but the actual frequency is only 48kHz.

Poweramp shows you the selected and the actual frequency at which you recognize it.

• 5. Also expected to have some fingerprint reader gestures available. Didn't deliver.

According to my information, that is not possible with the installed sensor. It doesn't support gestures.

I will forward the other issues / suggestions though.

no music playback in Hi Res 24bit 96 / 192kHz.

Everything is up or downsampled to 16bit 48kHz.

Is hifi sound enabled in the settings? Does this happen in other apps too? I don't use Poweramp but I will forward this issue.

• I update to O-B02 from N-B12 via OTA (official, no root).

My impressions:

Update process (w/o download) was very fast, about 10 min. You have to manually start phone after prepare upgrade process. No data and apps loss .

Like:
    - Very smooth, almost same as on 7.1.1

- Battery improvements, especially in standby time (loss 2% in 8h), but we will see in the future,

- Visually there no improvements to me. I use Nova launcher.

- Power management is improved but there no access from quick menu.

- Camera options improvements (wide selfie, HDR, etc), quality is same for first moment,

- No bloatware, Play store is verified,

- More storage data,

- Add FP features,

- Icons are more beautiful,

- Double tap to wake and automatic light functions are more better now.

Don't like:

- Screen lock widget and icon in quick menu missing (any suggestion?). Been very useful function.

- ZTE Toolbox missing,

- Quick menu is complicated, few tabs ...

- Recent apps menu is ugly,

- No more pocket mode,

- Call and massaging app are worse then previous, no enough options,

- Carrier names in status bar but are very small letters, again has no status of kind of network (E, 3G or 4G)

In next days I will update impressions.

• According to my information, that is not possible with the installed sensor. It doesn't support gestures.

I will forward the other issues / suggestions though.

Is hifi sound enabled in the settings? Does this happen in other apps too? I don't use Poweramp but I will forward this issue.

Neutron Player shows 24bit 96 / 192kHz but I did a test with 2 Axon 7 devices.

1 Nougat device and 1 Oreo device and my suspicion has been confirmed that the Neutron Player at the Oreo device displays 24bit but sounds exactly like the Nougat device at 16bit 48kHz playback

• Neutron Player shows 24bit 96 / 192kHz but I did a test with 2 Axon 7 devices.

1 Nougat device and 1 Oreo device and my suspicion has been confirmed that the Neutron Player at the Oreo device displays 24bit but sounds exactly like the Nougat device at 16bit 48kHz playback

I solved the audio problems. The solution is relatively simple, I have formatted the SD card so that this is recognized as a device memory.

Then the apps I use for music playback migrated to the SD card. The device then restarted and ready.

Now I have the usual Axon 7 AKM sound that blows my head away.

• One very important bug:

You can't dim the status bar, quick settings, system settings with a third party app anymore. It's all criminally white. Which is actually a big bummer for an AMOLED Display anyway. Do they want to kill my eyes?! Back to Nougat, because it offers at least a grey quick settings menu and let me dim the status bar, quick and system settings etc regularly.

• I solved the audio problems. The solution is relatively simple, I have formatted the SD card so that this is recognized as a device memory.

Then the apps I use for music playback migrated to the SD card. The device then restarted and ready.

Now I have the usual Axon 7 AKM sound that blows my head away.

This is weird... Thanks for the update though

yeah its that ^^"

Sadly there is no dark version of it. For now you can use other Launchers like Nova Launcher to get a dark app drawer.

• illumi241

Added the Label 1.3B02
  • 39 instead of 0 this time that's so weird

How and when do you load the device?

By that I mean, does it charge overnight?

Is unnecessarily long on the stream although already 100% charged?

Is it switched off while it's charging?

If it is switched on when charging, are the Wlan and the wireless connection activated?